5 Steps Towards Becoming a Top Interior Designer
Being an interior designer is quite a formidable and well acknowledged career and it is placed at the apex of the visualizing and creative industry. While many individuals around the world opt to study interior designing in one of the top colleges in the country, what they do not realize is that there is a lot of determination that comes with the job. What needs to be understood is that while holding a degree or diploma from a reputed college is well noted, it can only take a person so far. The first and foremost step towards becoming a reputed and top interior designer is knowing more than what is taught in a classroom. Listed here are five steps that creative enthusiasts should know about becoming an interior designer.
1. Being an interior decorator means having to have the creative ability of filling up any space, room or area with the best of furnishings and finishes that will give that area an elevated aesthetic appeal. Fact of the matter is that this can be achieved only with experience. It is therefore essential that amateurs and novices register themselves as trainees with big firms so as to know how they can start from scratch. Fact of the matter is that there is no easy way up. Quite similar to a building, if the base is not firm enough, the building is sure to collapse top interior designer in Lahore.
2. The next step that one should look into is to pursue a bachelor’s degree in interior decoration. This can be done along with industrial training. This way future designers will be able to hit two birds with one stone. Why waste time just studying when one can do both?
3. Read, Read, Research and Keep Reading. There are a lot of technicalities that come along with knowing how to become a top interior decorator. Individuals will need to understand different standards such as flammability, toxicity, culture, blueprints, architectural designs, client requirements, color combinations, structural perceptions and much more. There is a lot to learn. Few of the world’s most renowned interior designers are still learning. This should help individuals get a grip of things.
4. Get to know electronics. Computer aided designs (CAD) is the future and is certainly the way the world works today. Without computer systems and these CAD programs, chances are that designers will not be able to get far. There are well talented designers today that are above 40 but still do not know how to use the latest developments in computer applications.
5. Take the Nation Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) test and secure a practicing license. Regulations for granting the license vary from state to state and once an individual has cleared it, they will be on their way towards becoming top interior designers. Those individuals that are not interested in practicing designing privately are also advised to take the NCIDQ so as to secure a career and not just a job with a professional organization.